Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Industrial and Product Design
Rhode Island School of Design
2000 - 2004
Product Development Manager
New York, NY
Aug 2017 - Present
Nov 2021 - Dec 2021
Brainstorm project ideas featuring Handmade Modern's open ended craft kits. Write and photograph step-by-step instructions of craft projects by following Kid Made Modern's brand style guide for Handmade Modern's blog and social media posting.
Crocodile Creek Durham, NC
Jul 2016 - Jan 2017
Product & Package Design
• Developed package, puzzle, and game art featuring work of various artists and illustrators.
• Communicated with overseas sample makers to create mock ups.
• Laid out presentations for sales pitches
Senior Product Designer
Feb 2007 - Feb 2015
• Bring new ideas to the table for lines companywide.
• Collaborate with in house illustrator to develop art for toy/craft concepts.
• Coordinate with in house CAD illustrator to develop mold drawings for plastic parts.
• Prepare final product art work for manufacturer development.
• Create instruction sheets and parent guides for product and craft kit assembly.
Interfacing with Manufacturers
• Clarify interactions between junior designers and manufacturers.
• Develop detailed specs for price quoting with overseas manufacturers.
• Negotiate pricing for developing products.
• Communicate daily with manufacturers.
• Review samples from factories.
• Collaborate with package designer to develop die lines, blisters, and product copy.
• Prepare copy for off site translators for translations in multiple languages.
• Review final packaging before uploading art files to manufacturer.
• Assist Junior Designers with creative, technical and manufacturing issues.
• Oversee Intern by setting their schedule, assigning workload and supervising execution.
• Prepare samples for photography with in house photographer.
• On-set to work with photographer during photo shoots.
• Create mock-ups of samples and packaging.
• Create visual product presentations for private label customers.
• Prepare pricing spreadsheets for potential private label companies.
Junior Footwear Designer
Mar 2005 - Jun 2006
• Focusing on infants', toddlers', children's, pre-teen's and women's shoes (all seasons).
• Developing shoe patterns and outsoles.
• Creating color studies and storyboards based on trends and market research.
• Specifying details and materials to overseas sample makers.
• Review samples received from sample makers.
• Designing shoebox packaging for Rawlings soccer line.
• Designing hang tag graphics for various footwear lines.
Jun 2004 - Aug 2004
Executed independent research project at Timberland's Invention Factory to design modular shoe system combining running, biking and kayaking functionality. Presented final concepts to IF team, designers and senior management.
Copyright © 2023 Gina Kim Makes - All Rights Reserved.